So Grateful: a singing meditation
- Get a pen/paper or use your device
- In 2 minutes or less, list 10 things for which you are grateful at this very moment
- Can be anything, profound or simple
- Don’t think too hard, use stream of consciousness, resist urge to search for the 'big ones'
- When finished, press play on the track 'So Grateful'
- With each repeat of the phrase 'So Grateful' work your way down the list you've made
- Internalize your deep gratitude for each item as it goes by
- Sing along - there are only 3 notes and 2 words - this exercise is much more powerful when you sing it
- After the song, close your eyes and place your hands on your heart for 30-60 seconds, breathe deeply and allow yourself to remain in the fullness of your gratitude for a moment